Do you have a website that you like, and yet you are struggling to stand out in Google’s results, and attract visitors to it? It then becomes essential to optimize your site so that it respects the best practices of natural referencing on Google (SEO).
There are several key rules for SEO of a website, one of them is crucial: choosing the right keywords to attract the right visitors. Google’s robots, which come to visit your site each time you include new content, use these keywords to push your site up in the search engine results.
Discover here the key methods and tools to choose the keywords that will make your website visible on Google:
- Identify words related to your activity used by your customers.
- Watch what other professionals in your industry are doing.
- Find the most searched keywords by Internet users.
- Organize the keywords that will be integrated into the content of your site
Identify Words related to your Activity used by your Customers
To choose the keywords that will attract visitors to your website, start by finding the words they use on Google.
First, brainstorm with different people who know your business:
- Ask your loved ones and clients what words they use to talk about your business. This is an effective technique for finding unsuspected synonyms. For example, if you are a pruner, maybe your clients use the term “tree pruner” more than “pruner.”
- Ask your loyal customers questions. Ask them what they would google to find your website, or what topics in your business interest them. For example, if you are a sports coach, your clients may talk to you about “abdominal strength exercises.” Write down their answers: you will find interesting keywords for your site.
- Ask various people what terms they don’t understand, or what they would like to know about your job.
Also consider talking to your business partners and other professionals doing the same business as you. Certain expressions that you might not have spontaneously thought of may come to mind.
At the end of these conversations, you will have found many key phrases, some of which came up repeatedly in the discussion. Write them down, and use them as inspiration to create the content for your website.
Watch what Other Professionals in your Industry are Doing
If you are just starting to take an interest in SEO for your website, other professionals in the same industry as you have probably already taken on the task.
Take advantage of this by being inspired by the way they have designed their site, and the keywords they have chosen themselves.
Start by typing the name of your activity + the name of your city on Google. In the search engine results, you will find websites of other professionals like you. Check out their content (both main pages and blog posts, if they have any), and write down the keywords they use to describe their business.
You can also do the same on influential sites, such as those of ministries, union chambers, large companies, or blogs known in your profession. These websites are generally maintained by natural referencing on the Internet (SEO) professionals, who make sure to choose the best keywords to rank well on Google.
When you carry out these searches, look out in particular for the keywords present in the titles and the subtitles: they are generally key expressions, which have a great potential to rank a website page well in the results of Google.
Choose the Keywords most Searched by Internet Users
It’s good to choose keywords which are relevant to your company. Choosing keywords that your potential customers really search for in Google is even better!
There are a number of free tools available that allow you to discover new keywords, as well as the number of times those keywords are typed into Google per month. Here are a few, which will help you choose high potential keywords:
- Google Suggest
- Google Ads (Keyword Planner)
Organize the Keywords that will be Integrated into the Content of your Site
Found a bunch of keyword ideas? Well done: now is the time to organize them to plan your website content writing.
Start by sorting these different keywords, according to their respective lexical fields. It is important, when you create content for the Internet, to vary these different semantic fields (words related to a specific subject): this makes Google robots understand that you are talking about several subjects that interest your potential customers.
Also be sure to differentiate:
- Keywords with few monthly searches, those that Internet users search a lot.
- The keywords already used by your competitors, those that are not.
Take the reflex to collect all these key expressions in a dedicated Excel file, with several columns (keyword, monthly searches, semantic field, used or not by the competitors…). You will thus keep a clear vision of those that you have already used or not on your site, as you write your content.
If you want to improve your website ranking, you can contact with SEO services in Pakistan. This is highly reputable digital marketing company in Pakistan.